DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT
Partners for Sacred Places seeks candidates for the full-time position of Director of Development to work closely with the President, Partners’ program and regional staff, and Board members to achieve the organization’s annual and long-term goals for grants and gifts. This position will be required to maintain Partners’ existing portfolio of institutional funders and donors, and aggressively expand this portfolio to support the organization’s ambitious growth goals. This position is ideal for a candidate with several years of demonstrated success in grant research, proposal writing, individual donor relations, and work with program staff to develop new streams of grant support.
- Grant Research and Work with Program and Regional Staff: Conducting research on grant prospects, and regular engagement with program staff and leaders in Partners’ regional offices to develop and pursue new streams of foundation support.
- Writing for Grant Proposals, Reports and Other Foundation Communications: Writing foundation, corporate, and government grant proposals and reports, coordinating proposal budgets with the Director of Operations, and interacting with Foundations as necessary.
- Foundation Relations Management: Tracking and scheduling all foundation contacts, due dates, submissions, responses, and financial reporting.
- Individual Donor Relations: Sustaining and building relationships with existing donors, and developing and implementing plans to expand donor circle.
- Management of Membership Programs: Manage existing Professional Alliance and organizational membership programs, and developing and implementing plans to increase membership.
- Board relationship: Write and submit regular (monthly or quarterly) reports and other communications for the Board Development Committee and Board leadership.
- Carry out other such duties as may be assigned or requested.
- Education and Experience: Bachelor’s Degree in communications, management, or related field. Five years of foundation relations and/or development experience, with a demonstrated track record of successful grant proposals to foundation, corporate, and government sources.
- Baseline Knowledge & Skills: Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Working knowledge of budgeting and fiscal management procedures. Proficiency in Word, Excel, and other related software applications on both Windows and Mac operating systems.
- Must be able to: manage multiple tasks and to respond quickly to requests; work with an eye towards detail and to meet multiple and pressing deadlines; work effectively with various levels of staff, donors and funders; and organize data and produce reports and other information requests.
- Physical requirements: This position is primarily office-based but will require some day travel. This position will require significant time using a computer. Will also be required to be on-site for events and functions. Must lift and carry 10lbs.
Starting Salary: $75,000
Benefits: Paid Time Off, Health Insurance, 403(b) Retirement Plan
To apply: Please send a cover letter, resume and two development writing samples to Bob Jaeger, President, at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please. EOE.